Sunday, April 29, 2007

Flat-Iron Steak

OMFG!!! I have found steak heaven. Yesterday, I walk into the local Kroger because they had ribeye steaks on sale. I notice that they have something called a "flat-iron steak" also on sale. The SIL asks me what exactly was a flat-iron steak, and I had to confess that I, the veritable human encyclopedia, had no clue. But I decide to take a chance and buy a few anyway.

Today I throw them on the grill along with a couple of ribeyes. Grilled over mesquite to a perfect medium rare and... OMG... the best steak I've EVER had.

Incredibly tender with amazing flavor. Better than any ribeye, filet, or sirloin.

Now I've just got to get back to Kroger and purchase the rest of their stock.

4 comments:

Cas said...

So, you finally got your steak on. That's good. You deserve an unmi-STEAK-able experience after all you've been through.

Liberated Momma said...

It is took bad I was STEAK at home with no desire to leave or I could have steaked on over and had some of that steak.

Liberated Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liberated Momma said...

Ok so my typing is unmi STEAK able and leaves STEAKthing to be desired.

STEAK me...