Thursday, April 05, 2007

Some people all of the time...

.. and all people some of the time.

P.T. Barnum is quoted as saying that about fooling people. I believe that it applies to pleasing people as well. I've gotten a lot of grief from several different parties about photos I've posted on the FDs website from several incidents in the past several weeks.

I don't know if people realize that I agonize over each and every photo that is posted, trying to balance showing the jobs the guys do with respect for the feelings of those involved. Somehow, no matter what I do, I can't seem to please anyone.

I'm almost to the point that I feel the easiest solution would be to just pull the website entirely...

4 comments:

psycho_aide said...

well guess what people suck don't worry about their moronic opinions. We think you do a good job on the website.

Liberated Momma said...

Exactly! You can NEVER make everyone happy and you will go 2 states east of insane trying...

Cas said...

If you look at the total number of hits you get on the site, actually the percentage of complaints is pretty low.

It's the nature of the beast. Some people don't have any platform other than self-righteous indignation. You have to do what you do, which is very good, and answer the critics with the truth, which you've also done a very good job of.

If you never piss someone off, you must not be doing something right.

Crazy One said...

You do a great job. Some asshole will always feel sorry for the "innocent people" if you don't believe me just wait for the next execution of a death row inmate and watch all the people on the news. I'm sure if the kid would have hit the individual that typed you the message while being DUI or the inmate would have raped and killed the daughter of the people standing outside the Walls unit the those people would have a much different opinion.