Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Sound of Crickets Chirping

Or the sound of darts thudding into a board whilst playing cricket.

I'll take the second. The first tends to keep me awake when I desparately wish to sleep.

I recently mounted a dartboard cabinet on one of the walls at the house. This cabinet has the doors that open with scorekeeping boards on the inside of the doors, along with a place to store the darts.

Contrary to the naysayers, after playing four full games of cricket, only three darts have hit the wall instead of the board, and one of those was a ricochet that hit a side wall.

As it stands, I'm three-games-to-one against the fifteen year-old, and one of those was an amazing come-from-behind or else it would be even at 2-2.

1 comment:

Cas said...

Should we start calling you Dart Vader? Sweetdart? D'Artagnan? Darton?

Somebody, stop me...