Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm a Texan

Last night, Nate and I went to the Houston Texans' practice near Reliant Stadium. I think he had a good time, though with him it can be difficult to tell at times. At least we got free t-shirts out of it.

Afterwards, we went to Denny's, to which he claims he's never been, and enjoyed dinner. Then it was off to his mom's to drop him off for the weekend.

So today I'm at home, trying to take care of FD business. The training seminar I'm planning for September is taking up an inordinate amount of my time, but other matters are rearing their ugly heads. Seems someone with the county dropped the ball and the paperwork necessary for the FD to be paid for May and June never made it to the county auditor. Then Verizon decided to drop part of the calling plan for no apparent reason, resulting in a larger-than-normal bill.

So after a relaxing evening, it's back to the rat-race today.

No comments: