Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Product Ponderings

Every once in a while, I'll come across a consumer product that makes me think

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot?

I had such an experience a few months back at the local Sam's Club. Now on the surface, this product seems innocuous enough, but on further reflection, I'm puzzled about its intended use.

The product I speak of is Ultra-Strong Charmin.

Now at first, this product's intended purpose would be quite clear, but when you really, really think about it, you start to wonder. See, I understand the purpose of Ultra-Soft Charmin (ultra-spicy burritos, anyone?), just not Ultra-Strong Charmin.

Seriously, do some people have poop so toxic that the regular Charmin can't handle it?

Maybe they use it to sand furniture?

Or maybe when a buddy's truck gets stuck in the mud, they'll tell 'em, "Nah, don't worry 'bout a chain, gotta roll of Ultra-Strong Charmin over here!"

No comments: