Thursday, March 23, 2006

So hard to say I'm sorry....

... or not.

That's part of being an adult, being a man. Swallowing my pride and owning up for some stupid things I've done is one of the hardest things for me to do, especially when those things occurred during a time when I was less than in control. You see, I'm a control freak, an extreme control freak. I don't even like riding in cars unless I'm driving because I need to be in control.

And I lose control and do something stupid, offending a friend. So the only thing for me to do was to apologize, no matter how embarassing it might be. Just the idea of losing control is embarassing for me, so this doubled my pain. But that's part of being a man. I hold myself to very high standards and one of those standards is taking responsibility for your actions. Much easier said than done...

1 comment:

Cas said...

Once again, Master of the Understatement.