Friday, July 14, 2006

Gotta love customer (dis-)service...

I've been wrestling for the better part of two weeks with customer service at a certain company that shall remain nameless in the interest of not getting sued. The people have been very nice and friendly, but to date they've been unable to alleviate the problem.

I need a part, a certain part, to make a possession of mine function. So I call the company and they promise that they'll ship it out via (once again, no company names) and that I'll have it the next day. The charge of the part shows up on my credit card.

A week later I still haven't received the necessary part, so I call again. Seems there was a problem with my address and the first person I talked to hadn't gotten all of the required technical information. They worked to correct both problems and promised I'd have the part the next day. Sound familiar.

Three days later, still not having the part in my possession, I call. Seems the address is still the problem. Their computer system refuses to accept it and now they're having to "escalate" the problem to Logistics and have them solve it. I may get my part in a week or two.

Today, they call to have me do a customer satisfaction survey. OH BOY!!! That one should have upper management scrambling.

Then tonight, I log on to find out that they had charged me again for the part the second and third time I had called. I'm really, really, really happy about now. So I call and get them to credit my account for the additional two times they charged me.

Once again, everyone has been very polite and did their best to help, but I still don't have what I need.

Like the title says...

3 comments:

Cas said...

When you get your next bill tell them you'd love to pay it but your system does not want to accept their address.

psycho_aide said...

AWWWWWWWW poor Leroy still not able to record?

Liberated Momma said...

Well, next time you call, ask them if they know the number for Dish Network.

BTW I like the metric side... ;-)