Saturday, July 29, 2006

If you can't Dodge it.... Ram it!!!

Well, those who frequent this blog know of the troubles I've been having with my Chevy S10. I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a new(er) truck. Luckily, my dad had a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with only 68k miles that he allowed me to take up the notes on.

So I put a "For Sale" sign on my truck and within hours, the phone was ringing. I sold it for slightly less than what I was asking, but more than I would have settled for, so all was good.

My "new" truck has some nice performance goodies, like a K&N filter and a sweet-sounding dual exhaust. I spent today putting my two-way radio and siren in it. Needless to say, they were alot easier to install on the Dodge than they were on the S10, there's so much more room.

Now I've got to wash and wax it and make it look really nice....

5 comments:

psycho_aide said...

no matter what you do it is still not as good as a FORD, but I am still happy you got something more dependable!

BTW at least you didn't burn yourself this time!

Cas said...

Obscure movie reference of the week:

"Now, Daniel-san, Wax on. Wax off."

Cat said...

Congrats on the new truck!!! I have to say though, I still love my Chevy Tahoe! :-) If your done washing yours let me know, and I'll bring mine up for washing!

psycho_aide said...

mine too! I'll even suplly the wax and buffer!

Master of My Own Small Universe said...

And of course, as soon as I wash it... it rains!!!!