Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thank God for DSL!!

Digital Subscriber Line, you pervs, not the other kind!!!

One of the biggest sacrifices moving back from Denton was saying goodbye to my 1.5Mbps cable modem and saying hello to good ole dial-up. Yep, we were still in the Dark Ages here in this little part of East Texas. To make matters worse, it seemed like everyone around me could get DSL EXCEPT for me.

That ended yesteday. After months of constantly checking SBC's, then ATT's, website, last Friday I finally got the message I'd been hoping for: that DSL was finally available at my home. I placed my order and waited, rather impatiently I might add.

Yesterday all of the necessary equipment showed up. Now, they weren't supposed to activate the line till tomorrow, but I thought, "What the hell," and hooked it up. All the lights were green and we were a go.

So I type this from my much faster internet connection. No more waiting for minutes for pages to load, it's done in the blink of an eye.

Life is good...

2 comments:

Cas said...

You might want to invest in a wrist splint now; repetitive stress syndrome is real.

psycho_aide said...

lol cas that is some funny shit at least now i can type at normal speed so i don't have to wait for your internet