Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Winged Attack Stinging Pests, Part II

With all the recent flooding, this area of East Texas is now being subjected to the scourge of scourges. Yes dear friends, the mosquito.

Now, I'm now talking about your average Minnesota mosquito. Nope, everything is bigger in Texas and these are the size of a small hummingbird. I'm even afraid to let Buford go out at night for fear they might cart him off, even as paunchy as he is.

And there are literally hundreds of them. I've lived in this area for over thirty years and I've never seen swarms this bad. The only upside is that since they are so large, you can actually feel them land on you and can swat 'em before they bite.

Thank God for small miracles...

2 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

See my pic under funny things people say. This has got to be the largest skeeter i have ever seen.

psycho_aide said...

damn leroy so they are bigger than you too?