Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cursed blinking red light

So I awaken thirty minutes early this morning and Buford is letting me know in no uncertain terms that he needs to go out NOW!! So I get up and decide to start my day a little early.

I shave and shower and start cooking sausage and eggs for breakfast. It's been nice and chilly outside for the past several days, so a nice fresh cup of coffee sounded wonderful. While I love coffee, I really don't like to drink it when it's hot outside, but when the temps drop...

Anyway, so I fill up the reservoir and pop a fresh pod in. See, I've got one of those single cup coffeemakers that my dear SIL gave to me as a gift. Wonderful device for someone who only ever drinks a cup at a time. So I set it up and press the power button and... the little red light is blinking instead of being solid. Pressing the other buttons doesn't start the process of giving me hot caffeinated goodnes either, curses!!! I check the whole contraption over to see if something wasn't securely latched, but everything looks good. Of course, I've no clue where the owner's manual is, so I couldn't tell you what the blinking red light really means.

So no coffee for me. If someone hears of a teacher going beserk at a local school later on today... well... you can't say you weren't warned.

5 comments:

Cas said...

Maybe it was winking at you. ;)

Liberated Momma said...

Yeah, what she said...

glad you didn't 'freak' out... I didn't see you on the news.. So that is good news..

Well, I didn't read till after you updated me, so... Well it is working now... I can call you bright and early so you can try that cup again....

Oh and is 'dear SIL' dear good or dear bad??? :-)

Simply Jen said...

And when would you going crazy be any different from any other day?

psycho_aide said...

I can just picture this! "Local school teacher goes crazy on students. Sources say he was yelling 'coffee coffee'"

Master of My Own Small Universe said...

And Cas would probably be the one to report it...