Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Joy of Teaching

Teaching comes with a lot of nice little perks, like having summers off. Another perk is being able to see and/or participate in the latest fads that are sweeping the school. This week, the latest fad was a nasty little stomach virus. Several of my students got caught up in it, as did several members of my family. Last night, I had the honor of participating.

Last night was so much fun. First came the explosive diarrhea. Countless trips back and forth to the toilet. Right now, Charmin Super-Quilted Ultra whatever still feels like 40-grit sandpaper.

Then, as if I wasn't already having enough fun, around 2:30AM, my stomach decided right then would be a good time to expel all of its contents. I would rather go through a root canal sans anesthesia than vomit, so this was a particular treat.

But that didn't stop the diarrhea... nope, that would have cut into my enjoyment. All night I lay in bed, catching slight catnaps, awaiting the next round of turbulence in my gastro-intestinal tract. The only comfortable position was on my back, so this morning all my limbs are stiff and sore.

I just remembered why I hate following the latest fads...

7 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

Sucks to be a part of this crowd. I am just now able to keep anything down. YEAH!!! Remember the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. That is the recomended diet to get back to normal without killing your GI system. I also dabble in a little oatmeal. That worked. Saltines are your friend too.

Cas said...

If your friends jump off a bridge would you do it too?

Well, you probably felt like jumping off a bridge anyway. It would be better than throwing up.

Liberated Momma said...

AMEN!! The downside for women who are PG. I loved being pregnant, the 5-8th month anyway..

I think that is what keeps women from having tons of kids...the vomiting.

So DL is it a boy or a girl?

Cat said...

Wow. Im sorry you guys feel so bad!! Keep that junk in the prairie for me okay??? :-)

Simply Jen said...

Yeah the vomitting really sucks when you are PG. I had a perscription for phenergan when I was PG with Tiff. It was my savior. That and Flinstones.

psycho_aide said...

And the lastest fashion acessory Depends.

Cas said...

Please write something new! I'm pretty sure you didn't die from your episode.