Monday, December 18, 2006

Sometimes a word is all it takes...

Today was not a good day. Semester exams always seem to bring out the worst in students and this time around was no different. Apathy run rampant is the modus operandi for these kids. They just don't care. Parents always seem to bail them out of the predicaments they get themselves into and teachers always seem to cave and give in... till now.

I hate playing the bad guy, but who else will prepare them for the "real" world?

Anyway, it's enough to drive one to drink. It's frustrating and depressing. Thankfully, someone let me know that I'm doing a great job and that they think the world of me.

And just like that, my day brightened...

1 comment:

Liberated Momma said...

Well I for one have all the respect in the world for you. There must be something about being a history teacher. I had a World Geo teacher, Ms. Morgan, who was like you. At first, she and I butted heads. My Dad tried to get me out of her class, she would not allow it. For that I am greatful.

She kept on, never giving up, I grew leaps and bounds in her class. For that I am greatful. I learnes so much for the woman that went against the grain, that held me accountable for my actions, the refused to let my parents make it 'easy' for me. I ended up making a 104 in her class at the end of the 2nd semester.

Maybe I am not the majority vote, but I have all the respect for you in the world, hey you and I are 100% LMAO, Most of the time this club is pretty lonely, but I wouldn't change the way you or I am for anything. Keep you head held hi. Whether you know it or not, you are making a difference, and 20 years later, someone, like me will be having this same conversation about you.

Honor, it is a trait that is held up by few, just keep in your mind you are superior to the rest. Be glad for that.