Friday, December 08, 2006

Why dogs are better than...

The ex-wife once complained that I would pet the dog before I would hug and kiss her when I came home in the evening. I replied that it was because the dog would meet me at the door with its tail wagging, happy to see me. The ex-wife waited on the couch for me to come to her.

Tonight I noticed how Buford reacted when I would give him the slightest attention. Just looking his way set his tail to wagging with anticipation that he might get a short tummy rub. Dogs live simply to be with we humans, no matter how un-deserving we might be.

Maybe we humans could learn something from dogs...

4 comments:

psycho_aide said...

so you think humans should wag their tails in hope for a tummy rub?

Cas said...

Well...

Cat said...

Well you know, whats that old saying, the more I know man, the more I love my dog?? :-)

Liberated Momma said...

And you all wonder why i love my animals so much.. We as humans are selfish and mean. I mean seriously, I got called rude by someone who is rude themselves. Funny how we talk about others what we project in ourselves. Gee, what did I do to them, not do the favors you ask when the ONLY time you call. God forbid.

Dogs love you ALWAYS love you, not when they need to borrow something, need you to take them somewhere, need you to watch their kids or need you to call in a favor with your friends. They love you always, and enjoy YOU and love you for who you are.... SO i am not the nicest person in the world, I am a good person overall and my fault could be a lot worse.. try looking in the mirror once in a while before you go throwing stones.... sorry i will go vent on my blog now... ;-)