Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Military Maneuvers in the Dark

Today I ventured south of the DMZ on a semi-covert mission to evacuate the younger version of myself back to his homeland. H-hour was a depressingly early 04:45. Well, depressingly early for me anyway.

After battling the mindless drones that pass for drivers in the foreign land known as Houston, I finally managed to make it to the LZ. The lines were long, but that was to be expected. I watched him go through the security checks and then that was it...

Three months from now I engage in the same mission to bring him back to the country.

2 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

I thought you were supposed to take grouchy with you? You should NEVER travel south of the DMZ alone. It is a scary, scary place.

People go there and they never return, or when they do it is with ghetto music and pants around the bottom of their ass, with their underroos sticking out the top.

Cat said...

now wait a sec.....that's where I live you know and I come back. And I only dress like that when I wanna be comfy! :-)