Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Art of Delayed Gratification

Ok, so Amazon is having a sale on Lodge cast-iron cookware and the cook in me is absolutely salivating over the possibilities while my analytical financial mind works feverishly to reign the cook in.

I had the 3-qt. chicken fryer, the 5-qt. dutch oven, and the 10-1/4" skillet in my shopping cart and was halfway through checkout when the analytical side put on the brakes.

The cook attempted to compromise. I went back to the cart and took out two items, leaving only the chicken fryer and proceeded once again to checkout.

Once again, the finance guru intervened, reminding me how I'm trying to pay down the credit cards to $0 and buying more items isn't helping. The cook pitched a fit, telling the finance guy to take a long walk off of a short pier and asking him just how he thought he was going to eat. The finance side said it didn't appear that we were exactly starving, did it?

I resented that comment, but had to agree he was right.

So I closed out the window without purchasing anything.

Till next time...

6 comments:

Cas said...

I'm so proud of you!

(Spoken by the weak one who gave in.)

Crazy One said...

maybe next time the other two personalities will join in and it will just be one big party....also on a side note the finance guy only argues about cookware not beer purchases now that is my kind of personal accountant

Liberated Momma said...

I sat here with the same arguement when I came to a certain set of knives.

My birthday is coming soon, Paul needs to get me something. Maybe I will get them and tell him thank you..

Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Well, every finance guy can be swayed. Offer to buy drinks and mine is gone...

For other, cameras are a weakness ;-)

Crazy One said...

lol.... let's not get started on cameras Jen got to fondle Tina's new camera at the museum yesterday and now she is in love.... third job here I come

Simply Jen said...

I told you, I am going to do an inventory of Tina's and DL's houses to know what I want for mine!!!