Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'll Never Understand Some People's Viewing Habits

About two months ago, I decided as webmaster of my FDs website (www.tarkingtonvfd.com) to join thousands of others and post videos on YouTube. I've posted over twenty videos ranging from training exercises to live fires to a year-in-review video. Of all those videos, some of which are from some amazing fires, which one do you think would be the most viewed?

The cool shot from the 75 foot aerial overlooking the Hell Hole at Livingston? Nope...

The video of the vehicle fire training? Once again, nada...

Maybe it could be the LifeFlight helicopter taking off? Wrong again...

Nope, the most watched video, and by a very large margin, is of me responding to a call only to be disregarded before I even get near the location. A little less than three minutes worth of me driving with my lights and siren on, only to stop and turn around. In fact, I only pass one car.

And it is the most viewed video.

The only thing I can figure is that these are the same people whose only other entertainment is sitting around watching paint dry.

3 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

Hey, Paul is going to be at work all weekend, do you want to come over and watch the grass grow with me?

Cas said...

Hey, don't underestimate the appeal of that video. It has all the elements of good tv. The anticipation of what's going to happen, a road trip, scenery, and a nicely phrased expletive at the end, (or the inference of one, I can't remember.)

Have you seen much TV lately? That was primetime, baby. Reality television at its most interesting.

Liberated Momma said...

leave it to Cas to bring the positive to light... Miss Cup is half full huzzy...