Sunday, February 11, 2007

Make hay while the sun shines...

...because tomorrow it might rain.

Or your barn full of hay could burn to the ground.

Steaks just off the grill, about to sit down for a great meal, and... you would know it, the pager goes off. Structure fire. Great.

I can see the smoke from my house, not a good sign. Hay barn full of hay, fully involved. Looks like it might be awhile before I get back to those steaks. FD makes a great response, four apparatus and fourteen firefighters. You really can't put one of these out, so we extinguish the perimeter and let it burn. Not much else you can do.

Oh, and the steaks were wonderful, if I may say so myself...

3 comments:

Cas said...

Wiener-head.

Cas said...

I guess I should elaborate on the wiener-head comment.

Some of us had a glass of milk for dinner last night.

Simply Jen said...

The steak were delicious!! LOL Thanks again, we had a great time!