Thursday, March 08, 2007

My fifteen minutes...

Last night the FD is toned to an unknown-type fire. I arrive on location to find it is actually a structure fire that is in the decay stages. The engine arrives and the guys go about doing what firefighters do best (next to police officer's wives, hee hee), put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

Fifteen minutes later one of the guys comes up to me, we have a problem... there's a body in the trailer. Turns out it is a relative of someone who is relatively famous.

So I've spent a good bit of today fielding questions from various media sources and even had to do a video interview. Isn't it great to be the PIO? I actually jokingly asked last night if I could resign. After today I wish I hadn't been joking...

3 comments:

Cas said...

Oh suck it up. It's good to be the king.

Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Until Caesar meets his Cassius or Brutus...

Crazy One said...

lol....yeah go ahead and resign all we need is to put any one else with numbers after yours on television just once and you will be wanting to resign alot more than pio... PS: I have no idea who answered the FD phone and said "I'm not sure what you are talking about but here is the asst. chief and pio's cell # I'm sure he can help you out" hah payback sucks doesn't it, I told you I would get you when you assigned me to E51 with those 3