Thursday, March 01, 2007

Goodbye Miss Manners

Growing up, I was taught, nearly had it beaten in to me, that as a child you were to stay quiet while an adult was speaking. God forbid that I would interrupt one of my parents or another adult while they were talking. I would have been picking myself up off the floor.

Somehow between my childhood days and today, that lesson has clearly been forgotten. I lose count of how many times a day that I, as a teacher, have to stop my lecture and tell the students to be quiet.

So who is to blame? Is it parents, elementary school teachers, or society as a whole? I have my theory, but no one is going to like it. It's difficult knowing that the cause of the problems that vex society lies squarely with the person staring back from the mirror.

3 comments:

Liberated Momma said...

Well, I think society as a whole we do not make people be accountable for their actions. "someone" else is always to blame. Life was better when we were kids and we just got our asses tore up. If more parents started busting asses, society will be a little better. Myself included...

Cas said...

I've been bad. I need to be spanked, I can tell.

Liberated Momma said...

*Rolls eyes*

why am I not surprised...