Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Here's to love, hate, promises, and.... lies....

"Preaching from the floor again.
The same old sad song.
Bartender, bring another drink,
For their favorite son.
Where did it all go wrong?
What's the use, in even holding on?
Here's to love, hate, promises, and lies...."
---Queensyche, "Promised Land"

Why can't life be easy? Why is it that just about the time you start figuring out all the answers, they change the questions. Or just about the time everything that you ever wanted, ever needed, was just within grasp... only to be snatched away at the last moment. Sad thing is, often I set myself up for these letdowns, knowing full well that my dreams won't ever come to fruition. I'm tired of dreaming and only waking to find a harsh reality...

1 comment:

DocAnt said...

Life is meant to be hard. That way we can enjoy the good things more. I'm just a newbie posting a random comment