Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving

Well, it's that time of year again. Time to find some poor old turkey and pick it's carcass till there's nothing left. And that's just the shopping on Black Friday.

But seriously, with the holidays comes the time to step back and examine my life. And it's these times that I realize that I have a lot for which to be thankful. I've got family that has stood beside me through the many ups (few) and downs (plenty) of my life. I have my sanity (debatable), health, and sense of humor. I've known love and lost it, only to find it again and again. I've made it through all the trials and tribulations and emerged even stronger than before.

I have a job and a hobby that I enjoy and both give me a sense of pride and accomplishment. I've got friends that I know I can count on and no personal enemies that I know of.

I live in a great country whose freedoms are protected by men and women whose boots I am unworthy to fill. I can sleep in peace at night because they are out there on the front lines ever ready to make the ultimate sacrifice. May God forever bless them.

Though I may bitch, gripe, and moan from time-to-time, deep down I know that there are many, many people in this world that would die for (and many do every day) to have the opportunities that I have.

So tonight I count my blessings, thanking Almighty God for making me who I am and placing me in this exact place at this exact moment.

No comments: