Friday, November 11, 2005

Humans tend to fear that which they do not understand...

"Humans tend to fear that which they do not understand, and destroy that which they fear"

Great quote, huh? Made that one up myself... which is where the title of this blog comes from, in case you were wondering.

So what do I not understand? Stupidity, laziness, ineptitude, apathy.... hmmmm.... see a pattern here. Unfortunately, I don't think I have a big enough weapon to destroy those, for the only weapon I have is my mind. And it's quite small. Sadly, it's like a sword that's been hammered against unyielding stone. There's not much of a dent made in the stone, yet the sword becomes dull. That's what I feel like... dull.

See, I'm a teacher. I've been doing this now for seven years, taking a three year break a few years ago. I'm the sword and the students are stone. I fight against their apathetic habits daily. They don't want to learn, they just want to pass the test/class. They want to be spoon-fed, handed just the answers they need to pass. So they can memorize those answers for the test and then forget. These are the people you see on the "Tonight Show" that can't tell you who the first POTUS was.


Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: