Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Town Harlot

That would be me for the next two days, standing on the street corner, soliciting money from anybody that happens to pass by. It's that or I'm playing homeless... and all in the name of charity. The fire department I'm in is having a "Fill the Bucket" fundraiser to raise much-needed funds. We try to do these around the major holidays to take advantage of the increased traffic. Labor Day was a bust because everyone was dealing with their own issues following Hurricane Rita.

Now, before you go hollerin' about how the majority of people that are donating probably don't even live here, remember that the majority of people involved in traffic accidents that we respond to... you guessed it.... don't live here.

Regardless, once again I prostitute myself in the name of charity....

No comments: