Monday, November 14, 2005

You can fool some of the people all of the time...

... and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Someone famous once said that, but can't for the life of me remember who. You could easily substitute "please" for fool and the quote wouldn't change. Seems that might be the problem I've had my whole life, trying to please everyone else except for myself. I've tried to conform to what the world wants me to be and have failed miserably. Well here's a message to the whole rest of the frackin' world: Shove it up your ass sideways!!! I'm tired of trying to be what you want me to be. I may not be perfect, nor anywhere near a saint, but I'm doing the best I fracking can while still trying to maintain what little sanity I have left. Life is too short to spend it catering to everyone else's wishes while ignoring my own. I make it a point to stay out of everyone else's business, stay out of mine.

OK, so maybe that was a rant, but damn it... I'm tired of everyone telling me what I should and shouldn't do. It wouldn't be so damn bad, but I find myself doing the things people tell me to do only to have them tell me I shouldn't have done that. How can I win? And doing what others have wanted me to do is what has gotten me where I am now....

The failed financial planning career. CHECK!!! I was happy being a teacher, content to stay a teacher for the rest of my life, but NOOOOOOO.... I listened to others who told me, "You're too smart for that," or "You could be so much more." I was happy living in a manufactured home, but nope, others just couldn't let it be. So I quit teaching to be a financial planner and bought a nice, new home. Three years later the career was in the tank and I was selling the home. And I was getting a divorce and filing for bankruptcy to boot.

Now I'm hearing the same things about being a teacher, yet again. Well here's a clue by four --- I frackin' like being a teacher. Yes, it doesn't pay the greatest and it can be stressful, but I like it. So just shut up already!!!! Quit trying to live your life vicariously through mine.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

1 comment:

Cas said...

You're a good teacher, do what you love.