Thursday, June 29, 2006

Careful, you'll put an eye out with that thing!!!

Most people, when questioned, would rank a tootbrush on the list of potential sight destroying objects near the very bottom. They would be wrong.

First, let me preface this by first explaining that I don't brush my teeth in the approved ADA fashion. None of this namby-pamby up-and-down motion. Nope, I brush my teeth the way God intended, in a side-to-side motion. Second, my mother taught me that if you're going to scrub something, by God SCRUB it!!! So when I brush my teeth, I do it VERY well!!!

This has led at least one ex-wife to comment on the state of my tootbrush, with its bent and frayed bristles. At least I didn't get my first filling till I was in my twenties...

So the other night I'm brushing my teeth in my typical side-to-side, bristle destroying fashion, when the toothbrush breaks. Literally the head snaps off, leaving only a sharply pointed object any prisoner would prize. Now, this couldn't happen during an outward stroke, could it? Nope, this newly-made shank is now hurtling inward towards my innocent teeth and gums. But the laws of physics state that for every reaction, there must be an equal and opposite reaction. So as the brush portion falls into the sink, the shank is now propelled outward.

Towards my eye.

Luckily, the force wasn't sufficient enough to reach that far, but the broken toothbrush did go into my cheek, right below the eye. OUCH!!! Hurt like hell, but a cursory inspection showed it didn't break the skin.

So I'm left standing there, foam coming from my mouth, wondering how I'm going to finish brushing and thankful I can still see myself in the mirror. With both eyes....

2 comments:

psycho_aide said...

All I can say Leroy is wow!

Liberated Momma said...

Only you could take a simple thing and turn it into a short story.. in true DL fashion...Maybe you need to shim the shaft of your brush to prevent future flying shank events....