Saturday, June 10, 2006

Moving on....

Well, after nearly two long years, I'm finally back out on my own. Two years ago, whilst unemployed and in the midst of a bankruptcy and a divorce, I was forced to sell my home and move back in with my parents. Now at the age of thirty-five, in addition to becoming the butt of many jokes, moving in with one's parents is cause to pull your hair out. Luckily, I keep mine cut military-short.

I managed to quickly find another job, but the home search was proving a bit more difficult. Either the homes were dilapidated dumps or they were priced WAY out of my range. Couple in the fact that the bankruptcy made financing exceedingly difficult and things quickly became frustrating. Unfortunately, apartments simply don't exist where I live, so that wasn't an option unless I wanted to move to the neighboring town. Fortunately, my parents were very understanding as I continued on what was quickly becoming, or at least appearing to be, a fruitless search.

Just about the time I was ready to give up and was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to build my home, five new homes were built with one-half mile of my job. More importantly, they were rentals and the monthly lease was within my budget. Yippee!!!

Of course, that meant having to move and all the requisite pain that accompanies the endeavour. Boxes and more boxes, couches, chairs, beds, etc. Trip after trip made between storage and the new home. Then all the unpacking and sorting. Did I mention I keep my hair cut military-short?

But it's done!! Everything is moved, unpacked, and placed where it should be. Que the big sigh of relief...

No comments: