Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An Ode to Buford

Throughout my life, I've been privileged to have been owned by a few really exceptional dogs. When times have been the most troubling, they have been the ones to stand patiently by my side. Somehow they sense when you are depressed and need someone or something to hold on to, an anchor in this fast-spinning world. Apollo and Heidi (both RIP) were both there when my marriages fell apart. Now Buford is there for me when life's current troubles drag me down.

Everyone has seen the t-shirts or posters about why dogs are better than either men or women, or even cats. Dogs are just bettter, period. They don't care who your friends are and they don't judge you. They just live to be near you, no matter what the circumstances. They are truly man's best friend.

1 comment:

psycho_aide said...

Give my adopted son a kiss and a hug.