Sunday, June 25, 2006

Gotta Love the Country

First, a little background info about my life. I grew up in a small, rural community. Life as a child was wonderful, with our own fresh veggies from the garden and a freezer full of beef from one of our cattle we slaughtered. I wouldn't trade anything for the experience.

Off to college I went, going to a small city. After that, I moved to the really big city of Houston before settling down in the medium-sized city of Denton. There were things about Denton I loved, like how it still had that quasi-small town feel, but still had places to shop and wonderful restaurants. Crime and traffic were never a problem. Life was still good.

However, things change and do to circumstances somewhat beyond my control, I wound up back in my old hometown. Traffic was even less of a problem and crime, well with nearly everyone keeping a loaded shotgun by the door...

But there are some bad sides, one of which recently reared its ugly head. I'm talking about rumors. Around here it's called "Prairie Wildfire" and it's just as bad, if not worse, than anywhere else. You see, in a rural community, there aren't a lot of of social activities to go to, so people tend to sit around and talk... and talk... and talk. Gossip is the favorite past-time in these parts.

Unfortunately, most of the rumors aren't true. Even more unfortunately, one has been started about me. I won't go into details, but needless to say I'm not happy about it. In addition to being false, it calls into question things that I prize dearly, namely my honor and integrity. I've been relatively quiet about the matter, hoping it will just blow over, but it hasn't. Now enough is enough and I'm fast reaching the point of being fighting mad. And like David Banner, you wouldn't like my when I'm angry.

It's enough to almost make me wish I'd stayed in Denton. I didn't have to deal with this $h!t there. There were more things to do, so people didn't have to pass there time starting rumors.

1 comment:

psycho_aide said...

David Banner??? You never stop surprising me Leroy